February 25, 2011

LMP2 Training Week 3

The third week of training at Comrise was, in my opinion, the most interesting of the three. As the trusted Sales Support Associate at Comrise, I found the Account Executive aspect of this business rather intriguing. Recruiting is certainly the cream of the crop when it comes to the staffing industry, so learning about sales seemed like a breath of fresh air. Nonetheless, this was the last week of training for us LMP2s and we came out more knowledgeable about IT terminology than we’ve ever been. Basically, this week was all about dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s to see how the entire staffing process came together. We learned about the art of cold calling and that there did indeed exist a more friendly type of calling, known as warm cold calling. I found that the differences between being an AE and a recruiter are quite vast, though often run parallel. While being a recruiter requires being able to spark a conversation and build rapport out of thin air each candidate at a time, an AE’s focus is more on the long run, maintaining that relationship for future job reqs.

What I really liked about training was being able to shadow senior level Account Executive's and Technical Recruiters and see the different tactics and techniques everyone uses, making each style work for them. I find it so interesting and yet still ponder on how I will fit in that picture. I am looking forward to seeing what I can do to help further Comrise as a company and more importantly develop in my own career.

No comments:

Post a Comment